TY Live Streamed HOT 60 is an all levels 60 minute class.
The practice is based on 26 powerful postures and 2 breathing practices that are completed in a specific order making the class systematically designed, suitable and accessible for all levels and everybody. Originally adapted from the traditional 84 Hatha yoga postures the sequence of postures prepares you for the next and every following posture gains from the previous.The practice will flush out every system in the body while creating strength, endurance, flexibility, focus and assists in toning and weight loss.
- All classes will be streamed via Zoom – you will need to download the Zoom app to your phone, tablet or computer in advance.
- 15 minutes prior to class commencing you will receive an email with the Zoom URL, meeting ID and password.
- For any further help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Zoom Yoga Recommendations
- “Arrive” in the waiting room a few minutes before the start of class to ensure your computer settings and physical space are arranged appropriately. The room will be open 5 minutes before class starts.
- If you don’t have a yoga mat, most floors have enough traction for standing poses. Have a towel or other soft surface handy for when we’re sitting/kneeling/laying on the ground.
- Have a quick look around your space and move any nearby objects. For example, lifting one leg from downward dog can especially lead us to bump into things in a new space, so try that one out.
- Homemade props to have on hand are listed below. These are all optional.
- A strap – you can use a bathrobe belt, or similar item.
- Blocks – you can use large sturdy books.
- Blanket – you can use a bath towel or throw blanket.
- Chair – this can be helpful for standing balances, or perhaps we can even try a restorative pose or two with it!
- Bolsters – Pillows, cushion.
- Try to ask any cohabiters (people and animals alike) to allow you this time to refresh, re-center and calm yourself undisturbed.
- Technical aspects:
- You will be muted on Zoom during the class.
- If you have a question during class bring you hand into stop position to let me know.
- It’s up to you if you would like to use video or not – just be mindful that all others, not just me, will be able to see you. However, seeing you can help me guide my instructions.
- Attaching speakers or head phones to your desktop/laptop/device will help amplify the class and my voice and give a better quality of sound.
Heating (if you’re missing the heat!);
If you’re missing the feeling of hot room here are a few tips to help.
- Pre heat your room before class commences as it will help your practice feel familiar.
- Have a hot shower before you start! A nice warm body is important to prevent injury and this will help limber you up to avoid frustration of lack of heat.
- Perhaps see this as a time to deepen your practice and explore new edges within. Step out of your comfort zone and notice what it’s like to practice without the challenge of the heat and consider what other challenges are arising in your practice. Focus on your breath and use it as a vehicle to bring you back to the present moment.
Hot 60 - Single Class (Monday)
$12.00Online booking closed
All classes will be streamed via Zoom – you will need to download the Zoom app to your phone, tablet or computer in advance. 15 minutes prior to class commencing you will receive an email with the Zoom URL, meeting ID and password. For any further help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.